ROLES for the online sessions:
- Host/Hostess: Opens the video conference. Assists newcomers with audio/video issues as needed. Enforces the House Rules for Pax Templi (Peacekeeping). Ensures there is a Season Session Sponsor assigned and that this role rotates amongst the members.
- Season Session Sponsor: Is determined at the business meeting. This individual is in charge of executing the programming for that season’s session. (Definition: The term ‘session’ is being used as a string of 3 to 6 meetings as decided by the group at the business meeting. A season can have one or two sessions. When the group is Not in session, the group is considered as being ‘Dark’.) The Season Session Sponsor does this by lining-up study and showcase facilitators, ensuring that the facilitators rotate among the membership. Assigns a willing back-up or step-in as needed.
- Study Facilitator: Assigns a Timekeeper and ensures that all participants who want to read and discuss, have the opportunity to. Tries to prevent one person from hogging all of the reading and/or all of the discussion. Ensures that there is no single self-appointed guru or teacher attempting to lord over the Study – as everyone is both a student and a teacher as they will. Can decide to allow some brief tangential conversation if it is deemed by the facilitator to be beneficial and/or relevant.
- Showcase Facilitator: Share your topic either as a lecture, discussion, activity, performance, or show-and-tell! Showcases are always a one-off singular item tailored to a specific topic. Showcase information can be subsequently added to the Activity Corner.
- Timekeeper: To keep the online meetings running smoothly on time.
- Participant: We are all the participant. The job of the participant is to enjoy!
STUDY FACILITATOR FORMAT
8:00-8:05 Opening: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. (Love is the law, love under will.)
Facilitator assigns a TIMEKEEPER (Timekeeping Instructions below)
8:05-8:30 Segment 1: Facilitator lets attendees know the round-robin reading is to begin, and makes sure everyone who wants to read has the opportunity to do so. Facilitator decides if they want to limit turns to a page or so.
8:35-8:55 Segment 2: Facilitator lets attendees know it is time to begin the discussion, and makes sure that everyone who wants to express a thought, has the opportunity to do so. Facilitator decides if they want to limit turns to 5 minutes or so, if needed.
8:55-9:00 Closing: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. (Love is the law, love under will.)
Facilitator to ask for a volunteer to facilitate the next session.
Can always interject by saying the word “Time!”
8:05 It is time to commence Segment 1
8:35 It is time to commence Segment 2
8:55 It is time to conclude the discussion
- Time Zone Conversion Table: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html
- House Rules Enforced by HOST: https://thelemarva.altervista.org/news/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/TRVA_HOUSE_RULES_202007.pdf
- USGL Member Policy Statement: https://thelemarva.altervista.org/news/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/OTO_Membership_Policies.pdf